CarClarity is an innovative financial services technology start-up company that has created Australia’s first true car-buying and loan platform.
Our mission is to save our customers time and money, changing the way customers experience car buying, with a hassle-free, safe and smarter way.
We have made car financing simple and easy using smart technology to match customers up to 30 lenders digitally.
This is a full time role that would suit a developer with strong backend skills and familiarity of cloud cloud infrastructure.
In this role you will be working closely with the CTO and an agile team to deliver new features and contribute to business as usual support.
You will be responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of solutions to help ensure their successful delivery. You will also build and maintain systems that meet non-functional requirements including security, performance, documentation and monitoring.
You will identify and contribute to process improvements.
You enjoy learning and keeping up to date with the industry.
Day to day responsibilities
- Designing, implementing and maintaining robust, scalable software solutions for our customers, partners and staff
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Assist with sprint planning, identifying key tasks, risks and dependencies as well as estimating task effort
- Provide guidance and direction to other engineering team members
- Creating, maintaining and improving cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Work effectively and collaboratively as a part of an agile project team
Would suit those who
- Have strong backend knowledge and experience
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines including processes and tools
- Have working knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
- Have desire to continually improve the way you and your team work
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of backend experience
- 2+ years of NodeJS experience
It's a bonus if you have experience in
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools e.g. (Terraform / CloudFormation / CDK)
- Front end VueJs / React / Angular etc. experience (we use VueJS)
What we can offer
- Competitive salary
- Be a part of a great start-up culture in a fun vibrant environment
- Office located within 2 mins walk of Central station in Sydney
- Opportunity to grow and develop with the business with career advancement opportunities along the growth journey
- A company that promotes workplace diversity and inclusion
- Integrity - be fair, reliable and truthful
- One team - together we achieve greatness
- Transparency - be honest, open and real with no illusions
- Customer focus - focus on the customer and everything else will follow
- Passion - work with an intense enthusiasm and desire for what you do